Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

WWW Wednesdays 8/7/13



To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?

Then head on over to Should be Reading and leave a comment with a link to your post so others can see! 


What I am currently reading:


New this week:

Genesis by Bernard Beckett

Another library find, I'll be honest, I was looking for thin, in the fantasy section, and when I pulled this out I saw a blurb by Jonathan Stroud on the cover, so I decided to give it a try.  Also the Goodreads rating was 3.8 so why not? Sounds sci-fi, artificial intelligence concerned, with a Utopia that is perhaps not as perfect as it appears.



Still working on from previous weeks: 

Doctor Who: Demon Quest: Five Exclusive Audio Adventures
by Paul Magrs

A library audio edownload find, read by Tom Baker and Susan Jameson.
An Echo in the Bone (Outlander #7) by Diana Gabaldon

Less then 10 hours to go, I'm hoping to finish it this week!
Indexing by Seanan McGuire

This is the first Kindle serial that I have tried and we're up to episode 5 of 12, so this will be on my currently reading for awhile. This is the first thing I've read by her and I am enjoying it! Dark Fairy Tales, translated into real world, where the tales become "incursions" into real life as the narrative takes hold and tries to force the story along. An interesting idea.


What I have recently finished:
Once Bitten Twice Shy (Jaz Parks #1) by Jennifer Rardin

I really liked this one, Jaz is feisty, funny and fierce and I look forward to reading more of her adventures!
The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom

I picked this up at the library, not my usual style, but the concept sounded interesting so I gave it a try. It wasn't bad, but it was depressing I thought, and just confirmed that it wasn't for me. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but I read for entertainment, and this one was too message laden for me, which I knew going in, so it's not a criticism of the book, just that I should have known better.  No book is for everyone. :)
The Kingmakers (Vampire Empire #3) by Clay and Susan Griffith

The last book of the Vampire Empire trilogy. I have really enjoyed this story, it's steampunk, alternate history, fantasy epic and a little romance, all wrapped up together. I will be offering the first of this trilogy during the Vamps Vs. Zombies Blog Hop Aug. 17-31st, so check back if you're interested!



What I think is up next:

Mr. Real (Code of Shadows #1) by Carolyn Crane

Pick your cover! I think mine is actually the orange one. There were other things I had in mind to read next, but this one just kept popping up in my brain, so I guess that means it's time for Mr. Real!


I can't wait to see what the rest of you have been up to! Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:30 AM

    What a diverse range of books! I hope you enjoy them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genesis looks really good :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/08/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Time Keeper looks interesting. Happy Reading and heres by WWW http://inkpageswords.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list. Indexing and Genesis both sound interesting. I was looking into the Timekeeper book with the same concern, but who knows. Thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to try the Jaz Parks books. They look like something I would love. I am so far behind on the Outlander series, but someday I will get caught up. Are you as excited about the mini-series as I am? Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Galbadon starting writing about John Grey, I started getting bogged down and lost interest. Let me know what you think.
    Here is mine and Mine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...